CLASSROOM (GROUND FLOOR)
The classroom is divided in three zones.
- Skate Bowl: We skate in a bowl which simulates a wave to practice surfing manoeuvres. In fact, skating is an effective method to practice the surfing technique. Through the skate we also work the coordination and prepare our muscles before we go surfing.
- Video area: In this place we watch the surf sessions´ recordings and the instructor analyses them. There is a big screen, a TV and some mirrors, that are used by the instructor to analyse and correct technical mistakes made by the pupils. The instructor also uses videos of professional surfers to learn the surf technique and theory.
- Gym: This is the place we use to work the physical aspect. We do many different activities to improve our balance, coordination, strength, etc. We also practice yoga, and Pilates which are very helpful for surfers. The mirrors are very useful to work our surfing style and positions. We put in practice strength activities, out in the sea, mountain, etc., but also in the gym using the static bikes and other equipments.
CHANGING ROOM (UPPER FLOOR)
This area is divided in two zones:
- The dry zone: there is an officewhere we can find a compilation of surfing books, magazines and videos, that are borrowed by the pupils.
- The wet zone: In this zone we can find the showers and the changing room. There is also a place where we keep surfboards of all types: for learners, long boards, short boards etc. We also have different wetsuits for all the seasons. The pupils, can have a nice shower and keep their belongings in a safe wardrobe.